Based on the existing legal framework with regard to environmental liability (Presidential Degree 148/2009), companies are responsible for paying the costs for rectifying the environmental damage for which they will be found liable. Such obligation has a financial burden to a company and it could potentially damage its reputation. On this basis it is essential for a company to be protected under the cover of an environmental liability insurance policy.
Ecosphere insurance program
AXA Insurance taking advantage of its international experience and know-how insuring environmental liability risks developed Ecosphere insurance program that covers companies from the pollution incidents' results.
Who should take out this insurance program
Companies exposed to environmental risks should purchase this insurance program as it covers reinstating the damage to environment due to pollution from its operation. Moreover, it covers prevention expenses. To be more specific in this respect this insurance program aims to cover the following indicative clientele::
- Hotels/rooms to let.
- Wholesale and retail commercial companies.
- Transportation and logistics companies.
- Service providers (e.g., financial services companies).
- Food companies.
- Electric, electrical and telecommunication materials manufacturers and traders.
- Damages to the environment due to pollution caused by the insured.
- Third-party damages due to pollution caused by the insured.
- Own damage due to pollution.
- Third-party bodily injury, material damage and financial damages due to pollution.
- Insured's Legal services fees.
- Emergency costs to prevent and/or mitigate a pollution damage, even before such damage occurs
Ecosphere is an innovative insurance product, designed by utilizing the know-how of AXA Group. Coverage of the companies' insurance needs is provided and based on clear and straightforward terms and the covers provided exceed the requirements of the relevant legislation..